Pushing the time barrier in the quest for language roots
Gray, R.D. (2005) Pushing the time barrier in the quest for language roots. Science, 209: 307-308.
Commentary on "Dunn, M., Terrill, A., Reesink, G., Foley, R.A., & Levinson, S.C. (2005). Structural Phylogenetics and the Reconstruction of Ancient Language History. Science, 309, 2072-2075."
- Does horizontal transmission invalidate cultural phylogenies?
- Language Phylogenies Reveal Expansion Pulses and Pauses in Pacific Settlement
- Austronesian language phylogenies: myths and misconceptions about Bayesian computational methods
- Testing Population Dispersal Hypotheses: Pacific Settlement, Phylogenetic Trees, and Austronesian Languages
- Matrilocal residence is ancestral in Austronesian societies
- The Austronesian Basic Vocabulary Database: From Bioinformatics to Lexomics
- Pushing the time barrier in the quest for language roots
- The Pleasures and Perils of Darwinizing Culture (with phylogenies)
- How Accurate and Robust Are the Phylogenetic Estimates of Austronesian Language Relationships?
- Language trees support the express-train sequence of Austronesian expansion